Stay Cool In The Summer Heat
Ways to Cope with the Summer Heat … naturally!
Well, here we go … down here in SW FL it feels like summer is upon us … yesterday we broke a record for temp here in Ft. Myers of 97* !! On MY lanai, in North Cape Coral, it was reading 98* IN THE SHADE! Thankfully, the humidity has not hit us full blown yet but still … it was HOT! And while some places in Ft. Myers got rain, we didn’t get any. But it did cool down to the low 70’s last night so all’s well.
In heat like this, though, one needs to be very careful to stay hydrated AND electrolyted (if that’s a word .. haha) … Water, alone, does not provide the electrolytes that we all sweat away. So here’s a PERFECT drink to help keep our electrolytes in check, hydrate us AND … it tastes YUMMY even when not loaded up with sugars!
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups of water (filtered or purified) or raw coconut water.
- 2 tbsp organic raw local honey or organic maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp Himilayan Pink Salt or Celtic Sea Salt (I like Himalayan better – it has 84 trace minerals)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Store in Mason jars or reusable glass cap bottles.
HINTS: For a super cold frostie, add a few ice cubes to the blender while blending all the other ingredients.
And there you have it! Just be sure you use organic lemons and organic oranges. Anything else will add some nasties to your gut that you don’t wanna have there.